Monday, October 6, 2008

Notes

Due to a miscommunication, I ended up walking home alone from class. From Holburn to Blackfriars, home to Kensington and finally back to the dorm, here are a few things I noticed.

* The Nissan Punto - Has to be the scrappiest car in all of London.

* In a city where parking is worse than Chicago, with even more people driving, how could you buy anything but a smart car

* I think the girl sitting across from me on the Tube was vaguely interested in me. Me? I was just lost.

* Public transit in this city just...works. That's all you can say when you go from lost to knowing exactly where you are all because there are enough Tube stations around to serve as good landmarks.

* "No Junk Mail" signs on houses in Chelsea, wonder who makes the call on what counts as Junk

* Izuzu Rodeo or some such quasi-SUV. Ugly as sin, practical as it gets. Wonder if these will make a comeback in the US?


More later, but that's what I saw on the way home from Kensington Station.

No comments: